Not open for further replies.

Pushhead

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I'd like to know whether there's a way to transfer an object from one model to another.

For examle: one .mod file contains the antenna model and the other file contains the ground model. I want to create a third file containing both antenna and ground .

Thanks,

P.

Hi

You can export objects as .sat and create third empty file where you import them..

cheers,

eirp

Pushhead

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
another possible solution:

MWS stores the list of operations you make, such as drawing objects and assigning materials, as a simple text file. Just try to open the .mod file with notepad. Using a text editor like notepad you can easily copy and paste operations between projects. Just dont forget to do a structure update when you open the projet file with MWS after you ve done the editing with notepad.
Hope this helps

Pushhead

Hi

You have to be careful with the parameter of the objects that
you assign different name to each object.

PL

Pushhead

One of the most easy ways that I have used is to open the history list and mark all commands that I was interested in, and then create a macro from them (there's a button for creating macros in the history-list dialog)...

You can use the macro from any other MWS project to reproduce the geometry that you want...

mogwai.

Pushhead

Hi,

Did you try Copy-Paste ? It works that way in HFSS.

Itai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…