Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST parameter sweep and background distances

Status
Not open for further replies.

cenzic

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am working with FSS and metamaterials in CST. I am using the template for FSS and metamaterials from CST.
I have to questions that i can't find anywhere.

1) I need to sweep a parameter and run simulations for specific fixed values (e.i. 1,2,5,7,10). However, in a parameter sweep I am not able to choose this fixed values, but only the begin, the end and step of the sweep of a parameter.
There is any way to do this sweep for this fixed values? maybe a macro?

2) I would like to know what should be the correct distance between my floquet ports and my surface to have an accurate simulation. I guess the distance should be related with my wavelenght but I can't find a proper expression for this distance. The template just insert the ports over the surface.

Capture.PNG

thanks

Hi cenzic,

I don't use CST, but as for your second question, a general rule of thumb is that you want the ports at least 1/4 wavelength away from the surface.

Hi,

thanks.

The I found the solution for the second question. CST calculate the distance automatically by adjusting the bondaries to "open (add space)".

I still need help for the first question, pls. Anyone?

I think you can set different sequences for specific value.

You can not add the all fixed values in single sequence. For different fixed values you have to choose different sequences.

You can also use a user-defined macro, i attached a pdf where everything is explained.

Attachments

• 02-bilik.pdf
    256.5 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: trstlm

trstlm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back