Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST MWS simulation of simple dielectric in order to get beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmushie

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I was trying to verify that my simulation environment is correct by reproducing the plot shown in the link below:

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...691&sads=hKnDzfIonxzv2uGpnNQuqbbpbSc&sadssc=1

The beta values that I get from CST MWS do not result in a graph like the one in the link above.
My dielectric has a cylinrical core of refractive index=3.5 and the cladding is air. Since this is very simple I figured I might be doing something wrong when defining the two waveguide ports or the boundary conditions.

I have a cylindrical waveguide port on each of the ends of the core and have set all the boubdary conditions to 'open(add space)'. If there is anyone whose can tell me what to double check in my simulation that would be helpful. This is a very simple task but I don't know where I am going wrong.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back