Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST MWS: S-Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leegit

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am simulating a coaxial cable in CST MWS and I have the results in S-Parameter form, i.e. Frequency Domain. Now I would like to transform them, FFT, into the Time Domain so that I can look at the reflections from discontinuities. Is there a way to do this in CST MWS, or will have to use additional software? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-D

Thanks,

Leegit

Leegit,

You can run under template based post processing -> Time Signals -> TDR from S parameter. This will give you impedance vs time which then you may be able to see the effect of discontinuities. ... depending on the frequency range of the S parameters and the distance from the source the discontinuity is.

Whoever can help

My question is: i designed an simple hertz dipole array(ex. 2x2) which i fed ports by discrete port for each element, so i have 4 discrete ports in this example. In the results i received s parameters of 4 results: s1, s2, s3, s4, but they had different results and 02 results of them is ok (in return loss) but the others is not ok. how can i combine those 4 results become one result?
Thank a lot
Minh

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back