Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST MWS Input-Mutual Impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIGER

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to everyone!

Because I have seen many opinions about input impedance and mutual impedance on CST, I want to clear this out and however this will be a precious thread for other members too.

Imagine that you have simulated an antenna on CST and lets also imagine that in the navigation tree we have the S-parameters and Z matrix only.

1)Go to S parameters and then to smith chart, there we can see the _________ of our antenna over our frequency range.
2)Afterwards, go to Z11(real and imaginary part). There we can see the _________ of our antenna over our frequency range.
3)Now, lets imagine that we have simulated 2 antennas. Both of them excited from a port.
In navigation tree we have again S parameters and Z matrix only.
In S parameters we have smith chart of S12 and in Z matrix we have Z12(real and imaginary part).
Where can I see the mutual impedance between the two antennas?

Kind regards!

hi
i did not get it.
s12 is transmission between two antenna ports and z12 is mutual impedance !

hi
i did not get it.
s12 is transmission between two antenna ports and z12 is mutual impedance !

What do you mean transmission?
However, my main question concerns the Smith chart and Z11, if you could help.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back