Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[CST MWS] How to Draw Ellipse in CST MWS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kela3kela

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Members;

Can someone please suggest me ideas on how to draw an ellipse in CST MWS. Using Geometric shapes or Curve lines with formulas??

Awaiting replies,
Regards

Although I have no experience with CST...
An ellipse is a foreshortened circle. Calculate a circle, but multiply all values on one axis (either x or y axis) by a scaling factor.

Reactions: kela3kela

kela3kela

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

TomJoke

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@bradtheRad: The description is appreciated but I was looking for the design in terms of CST :)

First change the local coordinate system to the plane on which you want to draw. then to Draw ellipse go to Curves =>draw ellipse as per your specification. once you draw curve then again go to curves=> select either cover planer curve or extrude planar curve depending on if you want the ellipse with zero thickness or with finite thickness.

Regards,

@rizwan183: I guess there is no way to draw ellipse with geometric BLOCKS given in CST..I guess I have to work with the curves profile and ellipse basic equations :(

,,,kela,see it... 50.jpg
51.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back