Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan1

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
has anyone tried to install and use MWS 5.1 on a 64 bit windows XP system?
I have both 64 bit and 32 bit windows XP installed on the same machine. With 32 bit windows XP, MWS recognizes the license file and the hardware key (Which is attached to the parallel port). But with 64 bit windows XP (on the same machine), MWS can not determine the license file and gives an error. Did anyone else encountered the same problem?

Hi Irfan,

I'm not sure, but I belive it is a dongle driver problem. Did you contact the CST support concerning this?

F.

irfan1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes,
They have a very quick support team I just received an email from them. The problem seems to be related to the flexlm drivers. Apparently, there are no 64 bit flexlm drivers yet. But there is a possible solution. CST provies a temporary floating license. One can install it on a 32 bit machine. By using the 32 bit machine as the license server (network license server), the 64 bit machine can start the MWS successfuly.

I really want to try this new 64 bit computer. It has dual core P4-3 GHz and 4 gigabytes of RAM.

PS: Apparently, I have missinterpreted the information. One does not need to purchase the floating license. They make it available for a temporary time till the 64 bit flexlm dongles are released. Good news for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…