Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST MWS 2013 circular polarization input help

Status
Not open for further replies.

metabird

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All:

I am trying to simulate a circular polarization input to a metamaterial-system. The metamaterials structure contains non-uniformly distributed unit-cells, so I have draw the complete structure (not a unit-cell) and used "open" boundary conditions. I hope the circular polarized beam incident normally to the system and transmit through the structure, and observe its electric field distribution and S-parameters.

The situation is, although I can set plane wave input by create a new "plane wave" (here, the boundary condition can only be set as "open (added space)"). But it does not seem like a real plane wave at all. While propagation, there are large "Z-component" of the field (which makes no sense at all, unless the input is tilted or a very divergence Gaussian beam), and the result is totally not as expected.

The waveguide port input has a very good "plane wave like" property. However, I do not know how to set circular polarization in it. There is no option to directly set circular polarization input for waveguide port; and I can not overlap 2 waveguide port together to virtually create circular polarization (waveguide port must not be overlapped).

So, my general question is, if it has any way in CST MWS that create a good circular polarized plane-wave input to a system and observe its field distribution?

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back