Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST Microwave Studios Electrically Short Monopole Antenna Design/Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ag565

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey everyone, I am new to antenna theory/design, and I am trying to design an electrically short monopole antenna using CST Mircowave Studios. The antenna design is 6cm at 100MHz with a coax feed and ground plane. I first simulated the antenna from a range of 0MHz-2000MHz to obtain some results to use for the impedance mini match macro. Next I added the matching network in CST Design Studios and simulated the S1,1 Parameter which shows an S1,1 of -42 dB. However, I am not sure if the results are correct because at 100MHz the farfield plot complains that the total antenna efficiency is below 1e-4 because it is at -200.0 dB while radiation efficiency is also at -200.0dB. The directivity of the antenna is 363.4 dBi. I have provided images of the results below as well as my simulation files. Thanks for any assistance!

7474103300_1348862210.png

8416909200_1348862211.png

Last edited:

Sorry I realized that something went wrong when I posted my attachments, the correct files are below.

Attachments

• Monopole.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 125

Nia111

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back