Not open for further replies.

aaron412

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst monopole

can someone please post the dipole example for cst, for some reason its missing from my instalation?? If anyone has had any experience simulating the sierpinski fractal antenna with cst please coment.........if you have a model please post......thanks...

cst examples

You can find a CST tutorial about monopole in this below link:
**broken link removed**

I hope it helps.

regards,

fractal cst

MSH said:
You can find a CST tutorial about monopole in this below link:
**broken link removed**

I hope it helps.

regards,

Hello MSH!

Would you please post a similar link for a "rectangular p atch antenna" or any "p atch antenna" examples ?
I'll be very grateful...

sierpinski gasket fractal antenna design report

Hello, aaron412!

Here is SPK3 and SPK4 monopole project for CST.
Hope it helps!!

Best,

eirp

simulation example

I think the documents about CST are really precious.But I think compareing to the HFSS,CST has its special properties and easy-operating. I search on the web but can not find anymore articles about CST.

cst simulation example

thanks eirp....those models would be a grat help, but im having problems opening the models.....I'm using cst version 4.2.....Could that be the problem?? is there any way to fix this....maybe save them in an old format or something.....thanks...

sierpinksi simulation

aaron412 said:
thanks eirp....those models would be a grat help, but im having problems opening the models.....I'm using cst version 4.2.....Could that be the problem?? is there any way to fix this....maybe save them in an old format or something.....thanks...

ok.. sorry for this..

Following files are valid for 4.x

Let me know if still problems..

Regards,

eirp

cst edge feed

aaron, I've found one of my results ->
Electric field and farfield on the bands.. look what you should get after simulation 8)

Best,

eirp

central sales tax examples

EIRP, thank a lot!!! all of this is very helpfull!!, I have some questions regarding your model:

1- You used a wave port......, why?? it looks like you are trying to model a coax feed...am i right?? I was thinking of using a discrete port between the antenna and the ground plane ... would that work??

2- Tell me about the mesh generation...did you use adaptive mesh?? or some other option??

thanks again....

antenna tutorial cst

1- Wave port is always much more accurate in calculating input impedance because it excites real vector wave!! Yes, this is coaxial port as used in real life.
discrete port is also possible.

2- I don't like adaptive mesh coz manually you can manipulate mesh better. In this projects I think no mesh refinements was done just because the number of meshcells is enough for reasonable calculation time

PS: SPK3 is prepared for simulation with real finite ground plane, just remove PEC at Zmin and put open(add space) instead.

Best,

eirp

cst ps examples

it's good!

Useless.
Warning again!

sierpinski antenna cst

do anybody know how to know the actual size of a triangle sierpinski fractal antenna?

Does it related to the operational frequency or anythings else?

Hope to get reply from u all... thanks

my e-mail ... djtommy_bigtank@yahoo.com

exmple model in cst

thanks for your info.. your things are much helping me....

practical examples on cst

i'm wondering do u have some example or paper that show the characteristic impedance of the fractal antenna....

And if the antenna is designed as line edge feed... do it have some formula to calculate the line edge dimension?

cst korea sierpinski tutorial

djtommy said:
i'm wondering do u have some example or paper that show the characteristic impedance of the fractal antenna....

And if the antenna is designed as line edge feed... do it have some formula to calculate the line edge dimension?

well, again, what do you mean by "fractal antenna"? i think you mean "microstrip fractal p@tch antenna". well, the impedance of edge feed could not be analyticaly calculated, couse there is no solution for the fields; but it can be calculated using capacitive estimations. just solve the wave equation with the neuman conditions in PDE of matlab, or any other tools, with the boundry of the fractal. then you can estimate where to locate the feed.

marti

oh~ my word is "Sierpinski Fractal antenna(triangle)", and i'm doing line edge feed, then i realise that the line should have certain dimension to match the 50ohm input impedence so the return loss can be lower then negative 10dB...

Do u mean doing a simulation in matlab to observe the impedance and find the place to feed? Cause i never use matlab before/...

take a look at the paper:
"Perturbed Sierpinski multiband fractal antenna with improved feeding technique
Song, C.T.P.; Hall, P.S.; Ghafouri-Shiraz, H.;
Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on , Volume: 51 , Issue: 5 , May 2003
Pages:1011 - 1017"

I attached befor in this message chain.

marti

oh,thank you for sharing

I think the study of the fractal antenna is constricted to the theory.The application is very little.And I have seen some reports about fractal antenna.In these report , the result of the fractal antenna study is only square spiral antenna!

Any new examples for now??? i would like to know how to connect the feeding point with the edge of the triangle???

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…