Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST Co-Simulation strong resonant structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesse.matrix

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i'm currently working on a strong resonant structure (1 Resonator) with lumped ports and a co-simulation within CST MWS/DS 2012.

So here is my question:
When i simulate the S-Parameters of the MWS-Block with the Time Domain Solver, i get a very sharp resonance (S11) within the co-simulation. But the frequency value differs like 5% from the result when i use the Frequency Domain Solver and a lumped element instead of the lumped port.

When i try to do a co-simulation where i generate the s-parameters of the structure with the frequency domain solver, i don't get a accurate resonance (it is very wide).

Can somebody provide some hints, how to co-simulate a resonant structure with the frequency domain solver?

Thanks in advance,
Hesse

hi
i am designing a resonance based system for wireless power transfer. Even i am using cst studio but i am unable to configure how to insert lumped rlc elements in the coils. i have used matlab before so i'm not tat good in hfss and cst. In case by now you have got any idea thn pls help me with the same.

hi
i am designing a resonance based system for wireless power transfer. Even i am using cst studio but i am unable to configure how to insert lumped rlc elements in the coils. i have used matlab before so i'm not tat good in hfss and cst. In case by now you have got any idea thn pls help me with the same.

may be attached pdf file can help

Attachments

• cst.pdf
    507.9 KB · Views: 297
Hi amntt,
I went through the pdf file, it was helpful. Thanks.
There's one more problem, sometimes my designs dont get saved, I have to redesign the system in that case. How to save the design coz even after designing results get saved but the model doesnot. Please help.

hi,if it help plz push that" did you find this post helpful":-D i dont understand what do u mean? your 3d results dont get saved or something else?try file>>save all may be help or right click on 1-d result>>add new tree folder and copy pase result there

Hi
I am using transient solver for simulation. I m getting error as "The first three mesh cells within region of port 1 seem to be inhomogeneously filled". Also what does minimum mesh quality low means in cst? How mesh quality can be improved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back