Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST and HFSS, which is better for metamaterial simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqqooo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
metamaterials simulation cst

Hi,
Any Guys can give some suggestion , CST and HFSS which is better for simulation of metamaterials.

Thanks very much.

Added after 1 minutes:

As well as how about COMSOL?

comsol metamaterial

Hi
If u just talk about the accuracy of the results, then except mos tof the research groups are using

1) HFSS (Accurate but tooo slow used by itol and many other groups)
2) COMSOL (Accurate and used especially for cloaking currenlty all papers by smith group are using COMSOL). In my opinion COMSOL is going to overcome metamaterial simulation market due to its enhaced functionality but difficult to start with
3) CST (good enough used by Jiu A KONG

hfss metamaterial

I don't think Jin A. Kong would run the simulation himself. Even if he does so, that doesn't mean CST is "Good Enough". These professors might know a lot about metamaterial, but...

Re: CST and HFSS, which is better for metamaterial simulatio

loucy said:
I don't think Jin A. Kong would run the simulation himself. Even if he does so, that doesn't mean CST is "Good Enough". These professors might know a lot about metamaterial, but...

Dear loucy

I did not mean like and sorry if it mislead any body. What i meant to say is differnt research groups are using differnts software as mention in case of smith and itol (accodring to the paper that i read) and i am quite sure they also never used them but they are big in the area. Well kong is big man smith and itol has much contirubiton regarding the metamaterials

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back