Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST 2015 multiproccessing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.C.Maxwell

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys.

i have a problem with CST 2015 . when i run a project the software doesn't use all cpu cores. and it only use 50 percent of cpu like below

taskmanager.JPG

and when i installed the software, it automatically installed in c:/Program files (x86)...

im using win 7(x64) and all other softwares (like HFSS and FEKO ... ) work properly ...

i tried CST 2016 too, but same result...

please help me to find the solution.

thanks in advance

Eagle Derection

you have to use tesla graphics card to accelerate the simulation.

Yes you can use Nvidia TESLA K40 graphic card to accelerate your cst software simulations

I think the software does not take virtual cores into account. Does that apply to your case?

I think the software does not take virtual cores into account. Does that apply to your case?

hi gyz182.
yes that's right, the software doesn't use virtual cores..
do you know how can i fix the problem.
i tried CST 2015 and 2016 but same problem.
thanks

As far as I'm aware, that is how the software is set up to be. Would definitely be more efficient utilising all cores, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a work around for this issue... That I'm aware of. Will definitely keep looking, and will post something up if I find a way around this. Quite interested as I'm running electrically large simulations too.

In the meantime though, if ridiculously long run-time is a problem for you, you could try using other solvers (saw your screenshot using Time domain solver) to speed up those simulations. Different solvers cater to different problems and T-solver can take quite a long time due to the fact that it utilises volumetric meshing as compared to surface meshing like the F and I solver.

Status
Not open for further replies.