Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST 2012: Spiral antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladouch

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I have one problem with designing log-spriral antenna. I used CST MWS 2012. I created analytical curve with these parameter:

Code:
' body

Sub Main ()

'@ define curve analytical: curve1:rameno

With AnalyticalCurve
     .Reset 
     .Name "rameno" 
     .Curve "curve1" 
     .LawX "0.5*diameter_inner*Exp(Ln(diameter_outer/diameter_inner)*t/(2*pi*num_turns))*Cos(t)" 
     .LawY "0.5*diameter_inner*Exp(Ln(diameter_outer/diameter_inner)*t/(2*pi*num_turns))*Sin(t)" 
     .LawZ "0" 
     .ParameterRange "0", "2*pi*num_turns" 
     .Create
End With

End Sub

But I have problem with number of points (we can see in the apendix). I need to increase the number of points the analytical curve and create a smoother curve. Of course, I wrote a matlab coda for sprial antenna generating, but I would use the analytical curve in CST.

Do you have some idea? How to increase the number of points?

Thank you for answer
Vladouch

Attachments

• Spiral.jpg
    Spiral.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:

When I did my Terahertz spiral antenna design in ADS, I created all the points in a Excel spreadsheet, then I imported those points as the X-Y coordinates to draw a custom line. I am sure you can do the same in CST.

I did a logarithmic Spiral using this equation

See attached Excel spreadsheet.

ScreenShot1276.png

It was about 10 years ago.

Attachments

• LogarithmicSpiral.zip
    32.5 KB · Views: 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor