Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cs5460 with atmega128

Status
Not open for further replies.

navisiv

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

i want to interface cs5460 with atmega128 . can anybody guide me how to proceed. have read that example with pic16c series and cs5460 in micrchip application notes ..but it is very confusing..couldnt understand properly..

please can anybody send example code in c for this..

will be greatful
thankyou

Hi,
Did you find an answer for your question ?

I am interested in the same.

donnib

any problem with SPI ?

just post the hardware image, so i can help u.

any problem with SPI ?

just post the hardware image, so i can help u.

Hi,
Well not yet because i do not have any code but i want to interface with CS5460 from an costeffective microcontroller and ATmega328 seems cheap. I need SPI and UART. My controller needs to get communicate with CS5460 to get values and then send them thru UART to an bluetooth module. Since i am not that well aquainted with C i would like some code for initializing SPI interface, configure CS5460 and communicating and getting values. I can't seem to fund much examples on this.

donnib

i Will post u one link within one day because i am unable to find menu of attachment.

code is for CS5460 but not with Atmega,

So just u need to change port definition.

That would be very helpful, thank you.

btw the attachment button is above the writing editor and has an attachment icon.

CS5460 « Khetani Electronics

Visit above link for cs5460 working code

Thank you very much.

I see the code is made for MSP430. Actually i have an Launchpad with an MSP430G2231 so i thought i'll try compiling your code in CCS (Code Composer Studio) but i do not see an main method anywhere. Where does your program start ? Do you happend to have an initialization example that configures the CS5460 then retrieve the values ?´

I have almost compiled the files you gave me. I have following errors left which has to do with the pins on the MSP430. I need to figure out what pins to use. Any ideas ? :oops:

99_1311944474.png

I can also in your code DRDY but that is not an pin on the CSE5460. What do you connect that one to? Also do you have some example how to set up the MSP430 SPI interface? I guess you must be doing that also.

Last edited:

@khetanikrunal do you have any idea to my last post ?

Status
Not open for further replies.