Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

crystal oscillator module generating radio waves without an antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copper clad pcb and perfboard are the same thing?

Copper clad pcb and perfboard are the same thing?

Perfboard has holes, copper clad board is a solid copper plane on e.g. FR-4 (please don't ask what FR-4 is, just Google it).

Perfboard is more for through-hole components, copper clad is more for SMD (unless you drill holes in it). Copper-clad board gives the advantage of a solid ground plane (with careful design by e.g. you). Before you ask again, a solid ground plane means using all or most of PCB surface for the ground connections.

Please, for God's sake, I beg you - Google at least one of the multitude of things you ask here yourself first once in a millenium. My lazy, sleep-loving cats study harder ;). You won't learn or understand much asking to be spoon-fed every single thing continually, I mean it nicely.

It's just this project is important.

Perfboard was very common with amateurs a few decades ago. I'm not sure how radio enthusiasts made a ground plane.

Or you would etch your own boards (if you were so inclined). A ground plane was already present in the copper sides.

Components and IC's were through-hole with solder connections. However the wavelength of gigahertz radio becomes short (a few inches) so that lengthy leads are undesirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back