Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CRT to LCD display methodology required

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashipoddar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody,

I would like to divert the analog signal dedicated for analog television and wanna use it for digital display device like LCD. Can somebody please suggest me how to do this? Is there already a chip which can do the same?

Would be happy if somebody can suggest some way to do it.

Regards
Shashi

Hello Everybody,

I would like to divert the analog signal dedicated for analog television and wanna use it for digital display device like LCD. Can somebody please suggest me how to do this? Is there already a chip which can do the same?

Would be happy if somebody can suggest some way to do it.

Regards
Shashi

Simple you want to watch analog TV on PC LCD monitor which dont have TV tunner inside ?

Did you consider to get LCD monitor with built-in TV tunner ?

Last edited:

Simple you want to watch analog TV on PC LCD monitor which dont have TV tunner inside ?

Did you consider to get LCD monitor with built-in TV tunner ?

Dear Concerned,

Thanks a lot for spending time on the problem mentioned. Well, the query is not related to watching a analog TC on PC LCD monitor but of a CRT system other than Television set. Infact, i feel in your words the solution would exist if we make a tv tuner card or a similar chip which can do similar task. Isn't it?

Dear Concerned,

Thanks a lot for spending time on the problem mentioned. Well, the query is not related to watching a analog TC on PC LCD monitor but of a CRT system other than Television set. Infact, i feel in your words the solution would exist if we make a tv tuner card or a similar chip which can do similar task. Isn't it?

If you have TV tunner you need to have RF modulator if you plan to watch some analog signal. Lots of LCD monitors with TV tunner, have AV input connector, apart from RF signal input.

I have somewhere circuit how to connected and watch CCTV camera on VGA monitor, I will search it.

One more thing...

LCD can have analog or digital signals. Did you mean to convert analog VGA signals to DVI ?

Last edited:

If you have TV tunner you need to have RF modulator if you plan to watch some analog signal. Lots of LCD monitors with TV tunner, have AV input connector, apart from RF signal input.

I have somewhere circuit how to connected and watch CCTV camera on VGA monitor, I will search it.

One more thing...

LCD can have analog or digital signals. Did you mean to convert analog VGA signals to DVI ?

Meanwhile, can you send me a link to document which can give details of the type of signal being fed to CRT and LCD. If the difference is only in terms of analog and digital, can't we apply a A to D converter directly and use it for my case.

This document attached herein does not give any further details. If you can post the complete document link or reference only then i would be able to see if it can be applied for my purpose or not?

Dear concerned,

I am looking out for the link which gives the detail of the circuit and its use depicting its theory. I just don't want to use a circuit configuration without understanding it. Would you be kind enough to send the link which give the theoretical details of this image.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.