Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crossed Bowtie Dipoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniakhan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
if any body knows about operating principle of Crossed Bowtie Dipoles then plz share your knowledge with me.i am confused about its working

hi
if any body knows about operating principle of Crossed Bowtie Dipoles then plz share your knowledge with me.i am confused about its working

Any pair of crossed dipoles is used to radiate or receive a circularly polarized wave. Bow-tie dipole is used for a wider bandwidth.

Such antenna can also be used in detecting waves with linear polarization, to make sure any wave is detected with any polarization.

thanks for answer,can you tell me any book which have some material on crossed bow tie dipole or any paper that deals with it?and one thing does in crossed bow tie diffraction of waves at edges of antenna is reason of radiation like bow tie? also if i have to use it for linear polarized wave detection then i should not take care about to make it cp?
Any pair of crossed dipoles is used to radiate or receive a circularly polarized wave. Bow-tie dipole is used for a wider bandwidth.

Such antenna can also be used in detecting waves with linear polarization, to make sure any wave is detected with any polarization.

thanks for answer,can you tell me any book which have some material on crossed bow tie dipole or any paper that deals with it?and one thing does in crossed bow tie diffraction of waves at edges of antenna is reason of radiation like bow tie? also if i have to use it for linear polarized wave detection then i should not take care about to make it cp?

Please try Google for books and papers, I do not recall a specific one.

If you need to detect a linearly polarized wave, one dipole or bowtie dipole is enough, if you know the plane of polarization. If you do not, the crossed dipoles with two detectors / receivers can detect any wave, and from intensity/power you can decide which polarization prevails.

thanks alot,can you tell me one more thing is radiation pattern of crossed bow tie dipole is similar to crossed dipole and its like shape of 8 ?
Please try Google for books and papers, I do not recall a specific one.

If you need to detect a linearly polarized wave, one dipole or bowtie dipole is enough, if you know the plane of polarization. If you do not, the crossed dipoles with two detectors / receivers can detect any wave, and from intensity/power you can decide which polarization prevails.

thanks alot,can you tell me one more thing is radiation pattern of crossed bow tie dipole is similar to crossed dipole and its like shape of 8 ?

Yes, the pattern is similar to the half-wave dipole. Thick and bow-tie dipoles are sometimes preferred for a wider bandwidth where their feed impedance does not vary too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back