Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cross-layer implementation of... Whats that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Communications_Engineer

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I have read some papers where people have suggested that future wireless networks have have cross-layer networks. So what is meant by this term? Does it just mean that MAC and Physical will co-operate or what?

Hi

it is not just MAC and Physical, you can include Transport layer or even go further, it depends on how you (or others) can see things. In addition, I dont think it will be used in every kind of network, there can be situation where you can employ cross-layer implementation but not for every case

see ya

sal

Sal said:
Hi

it is not just MAC and Physical, you can include Transport layer or even go further, it depends on how you (or others) can see things. In addition, I dont think it will be used in every kind of network, there can be situation where you can employ cross-layer implementation but not for every case

see ya

sal

So what are the conditions where it can be implemented and where can it not? What are the advantages of cross-layer desgin? So, if I'm working at the Physical layer, what can I do to build myself a cross-layer designed physical layer?

These questions are not assignments :| Just that I want to know more

Thanks Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back