Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating netlist from Altium for Allegro Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am wondering is there any possibility to generate netlist from Altium for Cadence Allegro? Actually I want to use Altium for schematic design and Allegro for layout, and do not want to use any import/export to other third party tools, like OrCAD schematic. Direct interface from Altium to Allegro, any comment?

I am wondering really! There is no way to generate Allegro netlist from DXP schematics, yes?

A few years after this post, Do you still use Allegro for Layout?

I find Altium's layout tools to be much improved in 2010. I'm not very familiar with Allegro's layout tools.

Johnson,
I believe that allegro can load foriegn netlists. It has been quite awhile since I have done this and I currently do not have allegro in front of me. You might want to research the process of what types of other netlists allegro can pull in, then see if altium has same format.
Or, you could:
1. package design in altium and forward to pcbdoc.
2. save pcbdoc as protel .pcb file (I think 2.8 )
3. import directly into allegro.
4. replace imported footprints with allegro footprints.

Now at least you will have useable netlist in allegro to work with.
Eda

Johnson,
I believe that allegro can load foriegn netlists. It has been quite awhile since I have done this and I currently do not have allegro in front of me. You might want to research the process of what types of other netlists allegro can pull in, then see if altium has same format.
Or, you could:
1. package design in altium and forward to pcbdoc.
2. save pcbdoc as protel .pcb file (I think 2.8 )
3. import directly into allegro.
4. replace imported footprints with allegro footprints.

Now at least you will have useable netlist in allegro to work with.
Eda

Hi Friends,

Can you please let me know the solution? Now i came up with the same situation, i got the netlist from Altium tool and have to import that in Allegro. please let me know the procedures.

Thanks,
Nitan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back