Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] creating mm5450 in proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahzadah

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one, this will be my first post in edaboard.:smile:. as i am quite new to microcontrollers and digital systems programming. i am designing a 3X4 dotmatrix board. I'm using pic16f877a, Dual color 8X8 dotmatrixes, To drive 24 rows i'm using 74hc154 & 74hc138 with irf9540n transistors. And to drive coloums i'm using two mm5450 ics. i have completed my pcb and going to send it today in market to be completed. i am having problem desinging the circuit in proteus as there i can't find mm5450 in component library. i tried to create a component mm5450 but its very dificult for me(with simulation). now i am trying to use four 74hc595 with cascading and let them behave as mm5450. in mm5450, we have only data and clock pins. rest of the pins are output pins, mm5450 automaticaly latch the data on 35th clock and reset itself on 36th clock. now i need to implement a counter with four cascaded 74hc595 ics which latch the data of these four ics at 35th clock. and reset it at 36th clock automaticaly. i have no idea about how this counter will be added in the circuit and how it will work, also if someone have any idea that if i would completed my this circuit of 4 cascaded 595 and a counter, could i make a component of it in proteus ? which behave as one component. please help me as i am new to our edaboard community and expecting a warm welcome. :)

Last edited:

I have made the component ( sub circuit ) of mm5450 in proteus. simply searched the proteus help for sub circuit and awesome! all the information required was there, also i have done that counter issue resolved with the help of a friend.

if any one need any help please do let me know. my e-mail, shahzadah.ashraf@gmail.com

i'm attaching both ( the parent sheet and the child sheet snaps ) in this e-mail. you can build parent module by selecting 'subcircuit mode' button from the left side bar. if any thing else please do let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back