Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating island plane in Allegro PCB Editor 16.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenb

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I make an island plane? I believe I have the right term, but just to be clear, I want a plane that is entirely bounded by another plane on the same layer, with a small separation between them. I'm using positive planes. I've experimented with using geometries on the Anti-Etch layer and with the Edit->Split Planes->Create command, but nothing has worked so far. Thanks so much!!

Update: I realized that I can make exactly the shape I want by just placing a filled rectangle on the etch layer, then placing a rectangular void inside of that. However, if I make my own "power plane" in this way, placing through-hole parts through the plane causes DRC errors ("thru pin to shape spacing"). The void doesn't seem to do anything when I place it on the auto-generated power plane shape. Can someone please help me understand this? Is the Allegro tool designed specifically to prevent the creation of island planes like this?

Hi,
Please check the pad stack in the padstack you should defined the anti etch clearence for internal layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back