Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

creating hexagonal padstack in OrCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulp

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using coilcrafts transformers in my design. The footprint of the transformer is given in the file attached (sorry, the website was not letting me add a weblink of the same, as this is my first post. Only from the 2nd post I can add links in my posts.)
You can see that the pads are hexagonal in shape. How can I create this shape in OrCAD Layout. It gives option to only create standard shapes, like round,square, rectangle etc.
Can anybody tell me how to do it or if you already have the footprint to that part and you can share it, it would be great.

Thanks,
rahul

Attachments

• lpr6235.pdf
    109.7 KB · Views: 105

Hi...you can creat this foot pprint by creating..shape (etch) you can use that as a pad..you can not give such land pattern in orcad layout plus..:)
Regards
Praveen Bhat

hi,

actually this is an rectangle pad he placed all the pads in like 45" degree.so u can create like rectangle then rotate 45degree or u can give rectangle pad bigger so they will solder see the pdf

Attachments

• lpr6235-1.pdf
    113.5 KB · Views: 78

actually ORCAd is unique that the pad could be any shape defined with DXF. So you can define your shape in DXF and set the pad to be that shape - there are no limitations. SO the right approach is to create hexagone shape in DXF format and then to create custom pad from this DXF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back