Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating custom *do files with Xilinx ISE & Modelsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanisan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I have created a custom *do script file to use for the ModelSim behavioral simulation instead of the automatic <file_name>.fdo one.

To create the file I have followed the steps outlined on Xilinx page below:

**broken link removed**
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To prevent Project Navigator from loading the default signals to the waveform window, you will need to create a custom DO file. Follow the steps below:
1. Copy the automatic DO file created by ISE and give it a new name. For instance, if you are running a behavioral simulation and your testbench is named "top_tb," make a copy of "top_tb.fdo" and rename it to "top_tb_custom.do".
2. Open the copy in a text editor.
3. Comment out the call to the ".udo" file:
## <testbench_name>.udo
4. Comment out the "add wave *" command:
## add wave *
5. After the "## add wave *" add a new line that calls the saved waveform settings:
do <wave_name>.do
6. Optionally, add the "log -r /*" command after the line from step 5 (see above for more information on log -r /*).
7. In Project Navigator, right-click the Simulate Process and select Properties.
8. Uncheck Use Automatic Do File.
9. Check "Use Custom Do File" and select the custom DO file that you created.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However when I try to run ModelSim from Xilinx, none of the commands in my custom *.do file seem to be recognized.

Can somebody give me an insight into what I am doing wrong or how to go about creating/using custom do file in general?

Thanks

hai,

U can make ur input as follows

vsim count -- entity name is count vsim is load command for modelsim
add waves *

force clk 0 0ms,1 33ms,0 66ms -r 66ms
force rst 1 0ms,0 50ms
force clk_en 0 0ms,1 100ms
run 2000ms -- time period to run

save the above file in ur project folder as "count_do.do" .
Then in simulation option uncheck the automatic do option and check the custom option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back