Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

creating air condioner controller with an microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there is an air conditioner of my friends house whose landlord controls it by remote (some functions are disables)
I would like to communivate with this air condioner and conrol these dissables options :)
I have esp8266 controller , EFR32 EVM.
There are some questions:
1.Where can i find the Infra red manual commands of the air conditioner?
2.how do i send command using infra red in my EFR32FG14 EVM?
Thanks.
Air condioner model.
EFR32FG14 manual:

Hi,

1) in best case from the manufacturer.
2) it depends on the protocol and modulation scheme. There are some basic IR protocol standards. Thus you will find a lot of solutions in the internet. Just find out what you need than do an internet search.

If you want to go with trial and error, then get an universal IR remote control. Then try out which button which function means.

The problem is, you get no feedback to your universal controller.

Indeed I´m not sure whether your AC gives feedback at all, or the IR controller just "sends".
(my cheap AC communicates only one way. On the other hand mine has WiFi to be controlled via smart home)

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.