Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating a Blog?

KerimF

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I created a blog titled "Delta Sinewave Synthesis (DSS) and its Simple Hardware".
Should it be approved first before it will be added it on the blog list? I don't see it listed.
Thank you.

Only the first few posts by a member require moderator approval.

A blog post has two tabs, one describing the entry, the other (Details) containing the message. Click on each tab to get all info.

A blog post has two tabs, one describing the entry, the other (Details) containing the message. Click on each tab to get all info.

Thank you because I thought I did something wrong first. Then, I had the idea that it likely needs approval before publishing, and you kindly confirmed it.

For instance, I also read the 'Help' page, but I didn't see anything related to blogs.

Sorry, it is likely a silly question: Where is the blog post so that I can see the two tabs?

Click on your username on this page or any other page. A window comes up containing your statistics, including number of blog entries. Click on it to open a new page with a list of your blog entries.

Click on your username on this page or any other page. A window comes up containing your statistics, including number of blog entries. Click on it to open a new page with a list of your blog entries.
I clicked on my username. I got the window (below). There is no mention of blog entries. I guess this option will be added when I will have one blog approved and listed in the least. Now, there is none.

AccountWindow.png

That window is similar to the one I'm describing however see if you can reach a window containing statistics laid out in the closeup below.

As you can see your number of blogs is 1 which means it's approved and appears in the Blog area.

Navigating the blog area is different from navigating the technical forums. It may take some effort to locate a specific blog post.
Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 2.15.24 AM.png

Hi,

I couldn't get this line of information. Perhaps, it is available for moderators only.

The only path that leads me to know that I have one pending blog is by:
[1] Opening the 'BLOGS' list (the main menu at top of the FORUMS page).
[2] Pressing on the 'Post entry...' (on its left there is 'Create blog').
On the top of page https://www.edaboard.com/blog/add, there is the section ‘Your blogs’, under which the title of my newly created blog is listed. Below this section, there is also the list of 'Community blogs'.

For instance, I noticed that the 'Help' page is somehow a FAQ page. As you know, on this page, there is no mention, at all, of 'Blogs' and 'Groups' entries. So, for example, I have no idea on the difference between creating a blog and creating a group. These two categories seem alike, to me in the least.

I wish someday there will be on the 'Help' page the answers for questions like:
[1] What is the difference between creating a thread and a blog?
[2] What are the prerequisites to be fulfilled in order for a created blog to be approved?
[3] In the average, how long does the approval/refusal of a created blog take?
[4] Will there be a notification in case a created blog is refused?
Perhaps, the same questions may need to be answered about the 'Groups' too.

I guess every moderator of EDA knows very well the answers to these questions. But I will be really surprised if a newly joined member knows them, unless he was/is in a similar forum.

But I also understand if the answers about the 'Blogs' and 'Groups' are not supposed to be known in general. At least, this will explain why they were not included on the FAQ page.

Regards,
Kerim

Only now I noticed clearly the word 'few' on your first reply. My brain read it first, as it used to do in similar situations, 'the first post' instead of 'the first few posts', my bad :(

So, perhaps one of the prerequisites is to write more than one post to help the moderator, in charge of blogs, decide if it is worth or not approving a blog. If this is the case, I wonder how many posts of this novel study I will have to add before hearing it is approved or rejected.

Sorry, but as a natural human, not an AI robot, I have to add that I wish there is a way to discuss, likely in private, the blog's idea and its purpose with another human in charge of blogs (groups or else). Sorry again... I said this because every time I am in an international forum (social, sportive, scientific, political or religious), I have the feeling that I am supervised by AI robots instead of real humans. And they have certain well-defined tasks to do only, nothing else :( And although I know in advance that I have no means, at all, to change what some others may impose on me (when I accept to be their guest), this doesn't prevent me to dream, once a while, that I will have a chance to meet, on the island called Earth', a free 'imperfect' human, as I am, when I am on the internet (virtual life), as it is the case in real life.

Regards,
Kerim

If you are willing to chat there, there is an option to mark during the Blog creation, something like "Comments open" ( I wanted to ask something there...lol )

I think it is waiting for moderation. Hopefully, it will be published.

If you are willing to chat there, there is an option to mark during the Blog creation, something like "Comments open" ( I wanted to ask something there...lol )

You mean this option is available now, while the blog is waiting for moderation, or before the blog creation?
--- Updated ---

I thought I could specify the category of my recent created blog as 'AVR' since the main part of its study is a code written in AVR8 assembly (for speed).
During the blog's creation, there was no menu entry for this task. Perhaps, this will be done after approval.

Last edited:
Perhaps it wasn't clear from the beggining, the approval process happens just for recent members with a few amount of posts, which is not your case, so your blog didn't even fall into the approval queue. I don't understand why can't you see the Blog yet, I just made a test with another browser on which I'm not logged on Edaboard ( what means, as a 'guest' user ) and it is available: https://www.edaboard.com/blog/blog/delta-sinewave-synthesis-dss-and-its-simple-hardware.720/details Regarding the possibility of editing the properties of your article after creation, I presume it is available, honestly I don't know, but you can try using the Edit tab.

Perhaps it wasn't clear from the beggining, the approval process happens just for recent members with a few amount of posts, which is not your case, so your blog didn't even fall into the approval queue. I don't understand why can't you see the Blog yet, I just made a test with another browser on which I'm not logged on Edaboard ( what means, as a 'guest' user ) and it is available: https://www.edaboard.com/blog/blog/delta-sinewave-synthesis-dss-and-its-simple-hardware.720/details Regarding the possibility of editing the properties of your article after creation, I presume it is available, honestly I don't know, but you can try using the Edit tab.

Thank you for your care.

On my side, the actual path to see and open my blog (for edit and else) is thru:
[1] The main entry of 'Blogs' [on the top menu bar of 'FORUMS' page].
[2] The 'Your Blog' entry [at the left menu on the 'Blog list' page].

I mean, on my side, it is not listed among other's blogs on the 'Blog list' page, also it is not on the right column 'NEW BLOG ENTRIES' of the 'FORUMS' page.

So, I wonder how a guest knows that it exists. I mean on which list you, as a guest or member, were able to see it as 'a new added blog'.
And since there was no option for me to choose its category, I also wonder of which category it is now.

Thank you.

I opened Delta Sinewave Synthesis (DSS) and its Simple Hardware - Blog details | Forum for Electronics (edaboard.com)
I pressed on ‘Post entry’.
I was given a question to answer:
‘Choose category to file blog entry under…’
Choose category to file blog entry under… | Forum for Electronics (edaboard.com)
I chose ‘AVR’

After doing this, another page opened on which I got an unexpected warning (since it is the first time I chose the category of my newly created blog).
Category: AVR (Change category)
Note: changing the category will reload the page (all form data will be reset)

And below this warning, the page, if I remember well, was somehow similar to the one when I liked creating a new blog.
Here I am lost :( because I thought I will just add a post as I simply do on a thread.
My three questions are:
[1[Will the many options, on that page (below the text’s window) be shown every time someone likes to add a post/entry?
[2] Should I add a post to my original one in order to specify the category of the blog I created?
[3] Or, by adding a post and choosing a category (as requested), I am changing the category and the blog?

Anyway, let us note that the date of the newest created blog is ‘Jul 14, 2022’. This gives me the impression that the blog’s world may have nothing to do with the EDA forums and their super moderators who are in charge of them. If this is the case, I am afraid there will be a rather long delay before any of my pending questions on this thread will be answered.

Regards,
Kerim

Edaboard's system provides each member with a personal space. Member blogs are separate from the technical forums. Many blogs are categorized in group discussions, although how to browse these is not readily obvious.
Some members create a blog, some don't. We can find a member's blog if we type the name correctly in a search window.

Thus the blog area appears under-utilized, if truth be told.

Daily our attention is drawn to the changing traffic of the technical forums. That continues to be Edaboard's major feature... namely immediate conversations for purpose of electronics problem-solving and and a great variety of science topics under the sun.

Edaboard's system provides each member with a personal space. Member blogs are separate from the technical forums. Many blogs are categorized in group discussions, although how to browse these is not readily obvious.
Some members create a blog, some don't. We can find a member's blog if we type the name correctly in a search window.

Thus the blog area appears under-utilized, if truth be told.

Daily our attention is drawn to the changing traffic of the technical forums. That continues to be Edaboard's major feature... namely immediate conversations for purpose of electronics problem-solving and and a great variety of science topics under the sun.
Thank you. You described the actual situation in EDAboard very well. And you kindly confirmed what I noticed about its daily activities.

I personally became familiar to how to browse the various blogs, including mine which is not listed and has no category (because of the unclear warning, mentioned on post #14).

I didn't create the blog about how to generate sinewaves serially by using a simple hardware for myself only (I know how to do it already since it is one of my novel projects). I just liked to share the study of the Delta Sinewave Synthesis (DSS) with others since, I guess, all members here (including you :) ) didn't hear of it (and not known yet by AIopen :) ). Even the gurus around here will likely find hard to grasp its various algorithms which will be presented, step by step. Yes, the very simple hardware to synthesis a sinewave has needed rather complicated and novel codes (it is the inverse situation of using the well-known DDS technique).

In brief, I am afraid it will be a waste of time for me if the tittle of my blog cannot be listed with the new/last created blogs (listed on the FORUMS page). I would look silly talking to myself, right? :)

This situation is really unusual, I looked for your article among the 17 pages of the Blog siction with no success; checks if it is perhaps marked as 'private', which would be a plausible reason for not being listed.

This situation is really unusual, I looked for your article among the 17 pages of the Blog siction with no success; checks if it is perhaps marked as 'private', which would be a plausible reason for not being listed.

As I remember, I checked the option 'Is community blog'. I didn't touch the 'Private' option.

For instance, I thought that a moderator, as you are, can, unlike the forum's members and guests, access what the creator of a blog (or else) has chosen to check and uncheck the available options. And he likely can also change the member's settings when necessary. If this is the case of 'a moderator', one can imagine the case of 'a Super Moderator’ ;)

May I suggest a solution?
Try to create a blog and let us see what will happen to it. :D
Then, you will delete it. For instance, a blog was removed lately from 'NEW BLOG ENTRIES' (it was the newest one) on the FORUMS page (perhaps it was set as private or deleted).

Thank you for your care.

Last edited:
Yes, I can edit your page, and the private option is unchecked, I just want to know if your view is different from mine, I just didn't undestand why it seemed in Bold characters. By the way, during the Edaboard migration from the vBulletim template to the new one, many adjustments were made by the Admin, almost entirely in the Forum section, not the Blog, so your feedback as a regular member is helpful on this sense.

I've unchecked the 'Is community blog' option, that is different from some Blog articles I checked at a random search, but still did not suffice to see your entry among others. Still trying to understand.

blog.png

I checked and it IS marked "Is Community Blog" and it ISN'T marked as 'Private'. It should be visible so I think something has gone wrong in the migration. I know I have approved blogs that have hidden links in them, with intention of disabling the links afterwards but then couldn't find the blog at all.

As a moderator it can be difficult to see what a non-moderator is presented but the way I found your entry was by clicking on 'Blogs' in the menu bar, then 'search blogs' and using the 'posted by' with your username in the search field.

Brian.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: