Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CPP and electronic circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear guys

Know where to get ton of tutorials of using CPP to interface electronic circuit via serial/parallel port?

I really want to learn them asap

MM

Hi,

I would suggest you to look at the following book.

Interfacing with C++: Programming Real-World Applications by Jayantha Katupitiya & Kim Bentley.

This book talks about C++, interfacing with Parallel port and doesnt speak about Serial port. But the concepts explained will make you to think. I suggest you to understand the Parallel port basics and interfacing. This will help you to do Serial Port interfacing on your own.

Enjoy learning.

Good luck.
Kars.

for the same go to www.beyondlogic.com to start
also go through the book serial port complete parallel port complete will be help full
u can mail me if more help needed i have some easy technidues to start with

Cool

Is there any software that communicate serial port for me to implement? So I can use the software to interface the serial port.

MM

Hi,
Try HyperTerminal, which will help you to communicate with external devices thru serial port.

Kars

If you use .NET, serial port interfacing is trivial, if you are using managed code that is.
The only trick is remembering that the port IO stuff is done in another thread and you need to use the invoke() method to interact with your form controls that are in a GUI thread. I found that out one night and it took me 10 minutes on the WEB to figure out what was goingon and how to fix it (it's easy). Plus, the implementation is the same for C#, VB and C++.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back