Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CPLD Implementation for ATA Interface and PXA250

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjendon74

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
implement to cpld

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a CPLD that will interface between a compact flash card, that will be configured as an ATA device, and the PXA250 Xscale processor. The PXA250 has the necessary hardware control signals for compact flash interface to control reads/writes, power, etc. I need to implement the address (3-bits: A2...A0) and data buffers (16 bits: D15..D0), including the glue logic (CE1,CE2,WE,OE,etc..) required to go between the PXA250 and compact flash device. Has anyone been experienced with this type of interface using CPLD's? I'm not too familiar with VHDL and I would like to use VHDL to implement this design into a CPLD. Does anyone familiar on how this can be done or where I can get started? Thanks for your help.

Tjendon74

ata interface vhdl

You might look at some open implemetations. One example:

**broken link removed**

Btw. Google is not a bad tool for questions like yours. Try a search like

ata interface vhdl "compact flash"

and also vary the keywords a little. You will find more stuff for sure!

Good luck,

Ted

Thanks, for the great info, Ted. I'll try using those resources and see what I can find...

Kind regards,

Tjendon74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back