Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Course, training, study, education

Status
Not open for further replies.

wapdrive

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just love microcontrollers. So far I have worked on the Atmel 89c52 and microchip's 16F84A, 16F72 and 16F873A. Now I am looking at the 18F series. I have a Diploma in Electronics. Although I'm new to microcontroller programming (3 months), I have extensive experience (5 yrs) in digital electronics design. I have designed digital circuits for the previous company. Now, I have completed a 10 day course in Microchip 8 bit uCs and am successfully writing programs in CCS C compiler at my new place of work. I have successfully completed my first project even. Graduating from the basic building blocks using flip-flops, transistors and gates to an actual working interrupt driven uC based project is thrilling to say the least.

What course or study material will really help develop my hardware and software skills much further such that I am fluent with things like 32 bit processors, dsPICs, ARM processors, RTOS, USB, embedded Linux, embedded Ethernet, embedded TCP/IP, CAN, I2C, SPI, embedded wireless technologies and so on?

Thanks in advance for your advice!!

Last edited:

don't know Mumbai at all.

but the biggest money in embedded is paid to people with nice software / hardware skills who can "put things together" for industrial applications: those are people who have experience designing large systems in tough environment who know what works and more importantly what doesn't.

you have a huge advantage over a typical software engineer because of your hardware background. what you need to gain is a few years of actually designing mcu-based applications, directing and architecturing large projects to gain valuable experience, on somebody else's dime, of what doesn't work.

my experience has been that the market is moving rapidly away from 8-bit devices and ARM is all the rage. so if I were you, I wouldn't invest much in 8051/PIC anymore and would look for those ARM chips to find your next paycheck.

hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.