Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coupling Matrix for Microwave filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

markito86

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am not very skilled in this field.

I should calculate the Coupling Matrix of a Pseudo-HPF for fixed parameters (Bandwidth, Return Loss, Number of cavities and Single transmission zero).

What is the mathematical procedure ?

I have read some papers and docs but they are so confused and difficult to understand.

With kind regards.

Marco

The task is not easy. Find the book by Matthaei, Young, Jones: Microwave Filters and Coupling Structures. There are many examples of filter design and comparisons of real results with calculations.

Pseudo-HPF? You mean actually a BPF but used as HPF?

Normally Coupling Matrix is used to "describe" a BPF. The matrix tells the resonator offsets and coupling connection between resonators. Mathematircally, the coupling matrix elements are related to its corresponding lowpass prototype "g-table". Once you get the coupling matrix, you realize the physical filter (microstrip, waveguide, SIW....) based on the matrix.

you realize the physical filter (microstrip, waveguide, SIW....) based on the matrix.

I have realized the procedure to calculate the Coupling Matrix, now is there a method to properly dimension the waveguide iris structure ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back