Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coupling matrix and unloaded Q in filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

orisapir

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
coupling matrix

Hello RF expert!
I am writing a Matlab code for my project which is used to implement a coupling matrix for filter design. The code is also supposed to implement the effects of unloaded Q on the frequency response.
So far I couldn't find any published way of introducing accurately the effect of the unloaded Q once you already have a coupling matrix. If anyone can shed some light on how it is done on the commercial software I will appreciate any help. Please don't suggest me to use a commercial package, since I need to write this myself.

Also. for the project I need to design a combline filter. After my preliminary examination of the filter requirements I figured out that I need to use an equalizer to compensate for group delay. the filter I need to use is slabline bandpass filter with 6 resonators. 4 transmission zeros are already used for creating the selectivity required. I also cannot create the equalizer in IF or base-band since I can only change the filter and add an equalizer next to the antenna. My question is then, how do I design and realize an equalizer in RF (around 420 MHz).

Thank you very much for your help!

Ori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back