Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coupling high voltage to low voltage stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

predator89

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to connect a high voltage output stage to low voltgae input stage of 2 stage op amp.
Can anyone suggest me which output stage topology would be better for this.

Common source with a resistor load will give the maximum swing.

Need more info on what you are trying to do with the circuit.

I am trying to build a high voltage amplifier. And i started with a low voltage input stage with supply of 3.3 V and want to connect it to high voltage output stage. So that i can get a swing of 0 to 40V AC for the input of 0 to 3 V AC.
So i have difficulty in deciding which topology to go for.

GBW doesn't tell me the frequency response required at the output.
Don't tell me what you think you need, tell me what you actually need.

You need a diff amp circuit to convert the high o/p voltage into something your low voltage opamp can deal with, search the net, plenty of examples...

I think you at least must give the input frequency, is it fixed or variable.

I do not think you want to connect a high voltage output stage to a low voltage input stage. That is saying it backwards.
I think you have an input stage that operates from a 3.3V supply and you want it to drive an output stage that has a much higher output voltage swing.

You said you want the input to be 0V to 3VAC but you did not say 3V RMS or 3V p-p. What is it?
You said you want an output swing of 40V but did not say 40V RMS or 40V p-p. What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.