Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coupler with antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinna9

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I need some help on getting simulation results.
i was design a two dipole antennas which are connected to coupler ports B,C.
can you help me how to measure isolation between port A and B. I am using ADS tool, when connected these antennas to coupler i am not getting anything.

You don't get anything? What do you expect to get?
Try to post the schematic of your circuit..

p1.png

when i start simulation its shows in momentum window like layout processing started after that can't moving further.what is the problem in that?

hi
I think you should use some software HFSS, CST, .... I'm using CST to simlate it's very useful. when you simulate, you can show copler between two port or many. ADS to simulate RF circurts it's very pro. I think so.

CST gives you more control over meshing. It's easier to do finer/variable meshing for particular parts of the model than in HFSS. Of course, you have to know what you're doing sometimes - from experience, using a stripline feed not quite aligned with other geometric features can take a while to get meshed correctly, often done manually. HFSS is much easier to mesh with the automatic refinement, but can generate huge meshes.

Narrow vs broadband is huge also. If you have a high-Q structure, don't use CST's time domain solver. If you have a wideband structure, don't use HFSS or CST's frequency domain solver. If you're only interested in a few frequencies, use frequency domain/HFSS.

Both are very accurate and can be just as good in different situations, but sometimes you have to know what you're doing in setting up the simulations. CST can also handle electrically larger structures than HFSS on the same computer, but it'll take a long time to simulate (CST puts a lot of demand on processor, HFSS puts a lot on RAM). A 12G RAM PC was able to simulate one large model in CST (but took days) but unable at all in HFSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back