Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] Count down timer using avr

Status
Not open for further replies.

arecssor

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i want to design a count down display using avr ,the counter should produce a interrupt signal or indication when the count reached at zero , the count length has to be variable , so that it can be changed as per requirement . am using code vision avr compiler , can anyone help me in this project ? .

Thanks in advance

You mean a countdown timer using 7 Segment displays ? If yes, what is the problem in implementing it ?

i want the source code design , the counter should have the following
1. the count should start from the number specified by the 3 bit input to the micro controller
2. the count starts only when the enable pin is high
i want to design it in codevision avr compiler , when i am trying to do this tutorials for codevision avr is not available for this
one ,if you can help me to design the program that will be great

Thank you

3 bit = 2^3 = 8 values. Do you mean 3 digit ? like 0 to 999 ? You didn't answer whether you are using 7 Segment display or LCD. If 7 Segment display (SSD) then is it Common Cathode (CC) or Common Anode (CA) ? I will write code if you answer my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.