Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could Verilog-A be synthesised

Status
Not open for further replies.

davyzhu

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I love verilog, and could Verilog-AMS be synthesised like verilog, or is it just for simulation? And does the analog designers design analog circuit with it now?

And I noticed that the RF high-freq circuit is hot now-a-days, can verilog-A do that job?

Who used it please give suggestions. Thanks!

BTW, a book named "The Designer's Guide to Verilog-AMS" can be download form **broken link removed** :)

DAVY

Analog/RF circuit designers don't like any programming language like VHDL,Verilog,even Verilog-A/AMS for analog,but prefer drawing simulation tool--Simulink, ADS for system verification.

I never heard Verilog-A can be synthesized now, but some EDA companys are attacking this target.

Verilog-A is just for simulation model in mixed design

certainly not
it's just for verification

Off course not. It is used to model analog devices.

verilog-A is useful in co-simulation.
after co-simulation, you should replace the verilog-A with a real analog block.
so it's used to verify the analog block spec, not for synthesizing.

Added after 57 seconds:

verilog-A is useful in co-simulation.
after co-simulation, you should replace the verilog-A with a real analog block.
so it's used to verify the analog block spec, not for synthesizing.

I've seen people trying to automate layout using verilog-A on small scale. If that's sythesis of verilog-A then be it. I believe in good old manual and laborius layout of my design.

u cannot automate synthesis of analog/rf circuits because their design is not systemetic as digital ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back