Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could not open J-Link shared library. Exiting now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype21

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have installed seggar systemview in my ubuntu 18.04. But when I try to run sytemview in my terminal, it gives an error

Could not open J-Link shared library. Exiting now.

I followed the below link to solve the issue but I am unable to find /lib64/libudev.so.1 in my pc. I have also tried to install the latest version JLink, but the installation failed with error

dpkg: error processing archive JLink_Linux_V684a_x86_64.deb (--install): trying to overwrite '/etc/udev/rules.d/99-jlink.rules', which is also in package segger-jlink-udev-rules 6.56a

https://wiki.segger.com/Could_not_open_J-Link_shared_library

I think the systemview needs jlink for its proper working. But I can't install jlink because of stm32ide's udev rules. A conflict between jlink and stm32ide udev rules. I tried to delete 99-jlink.rules from the /etc/udev/rules.d but still I am unable to install jlink. How can I permanently remove the jlinks udev rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back