Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Corrupt schematic file in Orcad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhada

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad ole

Hi,
I wonder if anyone here had the same problem before.

I have 2 version of OrCad, version 10 at work and version 9.1 at home. One of my designs was created in 9.1 and I worked on it on both 9.1 and 10 depending on where I was working on it.

The problem I have is that for some strange reason the desing got corrupted and I can not open it again. I keep getting "illegal OLE call" from it.

The problem started after I upgraded my computer to SP2 of Win XP (Big mistake by the way).

Any clue on how to solve this problem is highly appreciated,

Best regards,
/Farhad

Try opening the backup
with an extension *.bak.

binu g

farhada

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Also Check the file system, there may be a chance that the file security option got corupted. you can rectify it by taking the ownership of the file in administrator mode. i faced the same problem once.

Regads
Binu G

Thanks,
I checked out the backup file (it is .Wbk) but it has the same problem. It seems that the problem is permanent, I have to get back my backup from 2 weeks ago to see if it helps or is it a problem with the stupid SP2 of WinXP.

BR,
/Farhad

if it is schematic file,
check for the *.DBK file in the same folder.
open it in the capture.

regards
binu g

Thanks for correcting me. It is the DBK file and not WBK. But the problem still exists.

Tried to access the file on Win98, but it didn't help either.

I have to re-do the schematic again.

Thank you all.

BR,
/Farhad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back