Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Corrugated Trapezoidal Structure in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamin_iut

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am trying to carry out eigen mode solution upon a corrugated trapezoidal structure. I used metal and it shows solving inside a solid with high conductivity may require a large mesh in hfss. I have applied master slave boundary condition, want to carry the sim using metal. since i have a corrugated structure the whole objects became one. "not checking solve inside" is not of help. mesh operations should be defined. i need help badly.

i want to find out the reflection profile of a trapezoidally corrugated slow wave structure. for that i have to excite the structure with a antenna.how do i do that?

here i want to add some image of the designed structure
side view sws.pngsws.png

Attachments

• sws.png
    sws.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 59

i want to find out the reflection profile of a trapezoidally corrugated slow wave structure. for that i have to excite the structure with a antenna.how do i do that?

You can excite the structure with an incident plane wave for the general case. Use an antenna if you need a specific setup, but the simulation will be much larger.

for finding the reflection profile of the structure from resonance peaks i have to short the both sides with metal. what type of antenna should i use?

- - - Updated - - -

You can excite the structure with an incident plane wave for the general case. Use an antenna if you need a specific setup, but the simulation will be much larger.

Is it possible to find the s11 parameters if i use incident wave for excitation

for finding the reflection profile of the structure from resonance peaks i have to short the both sides with metal. what type of antenna should i use?

I'm not sure what you mean. Short both sides of what?

Is it possible to find the s11 parameters if i use incident wave for excitation

Yes. You need to insert a measurement plane. (Scattered Real Power/ Incident Real Power) integrated over this plane (for power normal to the plane, obviously) will give you the square of S11.

I'm not sure what you mean. Short both sides of what?

i am attaching one image of the arrangement here. by short i meant that i have to short the both ends of the structure as i want the reflection profile.

st.jpg
Yes. You need to insert a measurement plane. (Scattered Real Power/ Incident Real Power) integrated over this plane (for power normal to the plane, obviously) will give you the square of S11.

May you please elaborate on measurement plane.

Any surface, really -- a square sheet should do. For best results, surface normal in the direction of propagation, and the sheet completely covers the cross-sectional area of the waveguide.

I'm not sure what you're expecting to get out of this test, though. Won't the power always be completely reflected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back