Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

correlation between PrimeTime and MAGMA.........help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

santoshl

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
magma primetime correlation

Hi,
Im reponsible for check correlation between timing reports generated by MAGMA and Ptime ( ran using sdf, sdc and netlist generated by MAGAM). But i found there is lot of difference in slack values.
Please advice me, what might be the reasons for this mismatch.

There are lot of bugs in magma timing engine.. U will always find mismatch between magma and PT timing..
Please run encounter and check with PT.. U wont see any issue
best of luck

Those mismatch(es) might due to the interpretation of timing constraints(.sdc file) are different in these 2 timing engines.

joe2moon is correct, for correlation you should start by running a timing report using no interconnect delays and see if you get the exact same timing and the exact same endpoints. If you don't then the two tools are interpreting the constraints differently.

hi,
u can go through an application note " Correlation bt magma & prime time" in magma-da.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back