Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Correlated Double Sampling circuit need Monte Carlo sim???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyuugapatik

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For a Correlated Double Sampling circuit used in a CMOS image sensor, there are two outputs at each buffer the reset and signal datas. Do I need to do Monte Carlo simulations for it?

Thanks!

I don't know whether Monte Carlo is the best way, but you need to consider the effect of any possible offsets. Normally you have one input and one output and one or more control signals. The two samples are taken sequentially in time so the same transistor is used for both samples, but then a differential buffer/amplifier will take the difference of the two sample and holds. It is that differential amplifier where offsets will be important and where you should do your analysis.

Keith.

Re: Correlated Double Sampling circuit need Monte Carlo sim?

Hi keith,

Thanks for the info.. I did some offset cancellation methods on the differential amplifier. That would probably be enough?

patik

Status
Not open for further replies.