Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

corner sim in ADE---pcf file and library problems!!! urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunjiao3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcf file

Dear all,
I am trying to do some corner simulation in the ADE of candence, using the tool->corner... I use the tsmc018 process. I wrote a model file as cor_p3_libs.scs (following):

library cor_p3_libs

section tt_1.8_27
include "../rf018.scs" section=tt
include "../rf018.scs" section=tt_3v
include "../rf018.scs" section=tt_bip
endsection

section ff_2.0_125
include ..... section=ff
include ..... section=ff_bip
endsection

section ss_1.6_-40
include..... section=ss
include ....section=ss_bip

endlibrary

Then, in ADE, click Tools->corners.... In the corners window, I click setup -> Add library, in the dialog block jumped out, I fill the blank with the path and name of the above file, with the property single model libray.

Then, I set the temp, add the variables--vdd.

When I run the simulation, there is no error, but a notice:
"enter remote command mode using MPSC service (spectre, ipi, tt_1.8_27....)"
and the simulation seemed to be halted, and the process remains quiet like dead.

Any one have encoutned such problem? Please enlight me on this topic!

Thanks in advance.

corner simulation ade

Hi, dear all, the above problem has be settled by myself. In the corner analyse, there shouldn't be "." or "-"in the corner name, otherwise, there would be strange interruption like "remote calling". Please pay attention to it.

Reactions: nam20r

nam20r

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
.pcf file cadence

Generally U don't need wrote library file by your self especially in this maner.
For corner analysis u should use original model card (where listed sections like tt,ss,ff and etc.) and ADE/Tools/Corner_analysis toolbox. In corner analysis window u should indicate model file, available section in it, design variables and each unique corner (combination of this quantatives). Or u can write own *.PCF and *.DCF files.

Read Cadence Documentation first:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back