Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

copying a cell in Magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjerkely

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using Magic layout tool and I want to use the same cell several times in my layout.
How can I copy and paste?

Thanx...

Would you be saving that cell in a separate file?
I thinkg doing that would help as you will be able to use the ARRAY of cells to use multiple copied.

This can be done in two ways , either make it a subcell and instantiate a number of times.

Or u can directly select the goemetries and make an array.

Check out for getcell command... Say for suppose u need 2 instantiate a 2bit fulladder. First u need 2 draw & save a 2bit fulladder with all ports.. Then using getcell command u can instantiate tht saved fulladder as many times u want. when u instantiate u need to label all the ports with a new name. One thing to be noted while using getcell command is that on instantiating u wont be able 2 edit anythin in the instantiated one.
(without using getcell) --> While if u save fulladder & load that fulladder into current layout u can do modifications if u need.. Hope this answered ur query

bjerkely

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back