Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Copy Tektronix TDS3000 Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

felix1200

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tds3000 fft

Hi,

Tektronix has a series of oscilloscopes TDS3000. This scopes can
be expanded in their functions with small modules (FFT, Trigger...).
Is someone interested to copy this modules ? Ithink I have found a way.

felix1200

tds3000

Yes! I have 3FFT and 3TRG. I would like 3VID. What tools and parts are needed? Is it easy or complicated?

tds3aam eeprom

Hi echo47,

the TDS30xx modules consist of two components, a smd capacitor and a smd X24C02. It is a standard 256 Byte I2C EEPROM. The functions are not in the module ! The modules seem to enable some functions, that are already included in the scope.
A module has 6 pins, 2 power supply, 2 addresses (A0, A1), SDA and SCL for I2C bus. The content of a module can be read out by a standard prommer.
Regards
felix1200

tds3000 module

Very good job.

As far as i know the modules will enable the functions, already included in the scope software. And probably it has a serial number or so...

Could you please PM me the pinout of the module? A simple diagram with the pin name will be enough.
Thanx in advance

tds3000 modules

Hi,
I have an fft module available here and so I'm very interested in getting some new cool functions two - maybe you already dumped some eeproms? Would be great, if we could share our information :)

regards
salamander

felix1200 tektronix

hi

I'm very interested too to know more details about this module. I have an 3fft and an 3trg module.

Thanks

Pablo

tds3vid eeprom

hi,

are you still interested in the pinning of tds3000B modules ?

felix1200

tektronix module tds3000

I have TDS3VID. Please post pinout of the
aplication module. I could read contents
of the EEPROM.
I am looking for contenets of TDS3AAM and
TDS3LIM.

By the way. Do you think it is possible
to 'upgrade' TDS3000B to higher bandwidth?
TDS200 series scopes were manufactured
with the same mainboard. Bandwidth
limitation was only in software.
Maybe TDS3000B series scopes
are manufactured in the same way.

B.R.
jgorsk.

tds3000 ethernet

I can imagine that bandwidth limiting is only done by software. It is an usual way of manufactoring. I have no idea how to change the scope' s number.

All functions of the TDS3000 series seem to be in the scope. The 3Modules are only a dongle of 256 Bytes and open the already implemented functions.
So why should Tek manufacture three types of mainboards ?

Regards
felix1200

tds3000 firmware

Can you hear some about "UPGRADE" TDS 2012 ?

wavestar tds3000 series

Is it legal, to make modules for own use.

tektronix tds3000 power supply

@felix1200

Would you post the pinout of the modules or PM it please ..

/Bingo

tds3000 software

helo I am new and I realy need help over Copy Tektronix TDS3000 Modules .After longggggggg time i get one tds3000 serie scop with only TDS3TRIG in unit.Unit is perfect but can be better with sam extra opcion :) Simple I don`t have any moeny left for it And if you can help me vith memory dump for 3FFT and I would like 3VID any other modules. If you need 3TRG aI have it.

PS my english is not very good THANKS

tds3000 firmware dump

Hello,
Just go to Tektronix site, and download the latest firmware (v3.39) for the TDS3000, and you automatically have TRIG + FFT functionalities FREE.
Bests

tektronix tds3000

Can anyone check if TDS3000 with firmware v3.39 works
with Wavestar software?

I think Wavestar cannot connect to TDS3000 with firmware
v3.39. I tested it on few computers with serial port and
ethernet connections.

The scope is O.K. it works fine with Signal Express from NI.

B.R.
jgorsk

Status
Not open for further replies.