Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

copy paste in allegro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous_Ricky

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
allegro psm paths

Hi all,
I want to copy and paste a particular section of symbols and their routing but the problem is in doing simple copy paste tool is not assigning any REF des and net name to the routes .
kindly help me out I am using 15.7.

Thanks & regards,

Ricky

japanese cool symbols copy paste

You should use Sub_Drawing to do this.

M

Hi Majnoon,
Thanks for your reply
I have tried that also but teh result is same
Actuaaly I dont have the schematic but i have to copy some prerouted section as it is but the problem is that on doing copy paste or sub drawiing allegro is not assigning the newly added section any ref des nor it is assigning any nets to the routes.
Is there anythiong that am missing durinf sub drwaing option or there is some other way for it.

Regards,
Ricky

Layout Work Flow
•Open a new board file in Allegro layout. Add board outline to it.
Set design path, i.e... Pad path & psm path appropriately.
•To create module for low level schematics, Import net list from it using,
File > Import > Logic
•Select the logic path in such a way that it should point required low level schematic packaged folder. Click > OK
•Then you can find the message stating successful importing of net list.
•Place all the components, route it, finish 100% routing & clear all DRC’s.Now you can create the module for this.
•To create module, Go to Tools > Create module .Then select All On from Find tab left side. Also ON all layers used.
•Click the cursor on the left top corner of the layout portion & drag the cursor to the bottom right corner & leave the cursor such that entire layout portion is selected. Temp group may also use for the selection.
•After selection is done, click in the centre of the module, then a dialog box will open asking to save the created module. Save the created module by giving the proper path and same name as the respective hierarchy block name in top level schematics as sub_ckt.
•Created module is saved in selected path with .mdd extension.
•In the same way create all the modules required for design reuse by importing the respective logic of the low level schematics. Hence for each low level schematic respective module is prepared & all modules have to be saved in same path as that of the first module created.

AR,

The reason is that you are not paying attention to Control Menu remember it is a major part in working with Allegro.
When you are Exporting and importing check control menu.

Regards,

M

Hi Majnoon & coolman,

Thanks for your replies

the problem is that the board is 100% routed.
It has four identical channels now client wants me to add 2 more such channels(so that total channel now are 6).
the problem is that I do not have the schematic.
now how could I add 2 more channels is the issue as doing the sub drawing it is just copying the symbols and routes but is not assigning the REF DES to them and any nets to them.

Regards,

Ricky

... the problem is in doing simple copy paste tool is not assigning any REF des and net name to the routes

The problem is you are not reading my post attentively IT DOES PASS THE REF DES if you select it if not then IT WONT PASS the REF DES.
Sub Drawing feature of Allegro works perfect.

M

The problem is, You cannot have 2 R50 on the board, since You do not have schematic i guess You dont have an updated netlist either. Giving Allegro a huge problem; what to call these new things. As netlist might be missing routngs will have no nets.
Only way to do this is by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back