Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

copy component in SCH library altium designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshrai

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am doing a schematic in altium designer. I needed a part which is not available in the altium library so I want to make a new component by copying existing component from the altium library. I have seen a video where a component is copied and pasted/renamed in the SCH Library. But my SCH Library has no components, how do I add existing component from altium library to SCH library so that I can edit/copy them?

Thank you for help

u can use ctrl+c for copying and ctrl+v for pasting.It will work

i tired but didn't work, i did like the following attached picture, i think you meant it like that

copy.png

i tired but didn't work, i did like the following attached picture, i think you meant it like that
View attachment 106914

You can't copy the part directly from the "Libraries" tab like you have shown in your image. You can only copy/paste symbol parts while in the "SCH Library" tab or in a schematic sheet. So you will either need to 1) open the source library directly so that you can view the source library contents in the "SCH Library" tab (at which point you can perform the copy function and then paste the part into your new library), or you can 2) place an instance of the part onto any schematic sheet, and then copy the placed part from the schematic and paste it into your schlib file.

A shortcut for option 1 above... While in the "Libraries" tab, you can just right click on the desired part and select "edit component". This will open the source schlib file immediately. At that point, go to the "SCH Library" tab and right click on the part to copy it. Then just return to your schlib library file and paste the part in the SCH Library tab.

thanks for your kind explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back