Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Copper Fill in Proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmaurin

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I'm trying to copper fill in Proteus, but no success. I know that I need to use Zone mode to copper fill, and it's working......but I can't get this fill to link with pads (GND pads). The fill is linked with pads, but I can't set clearance to 0, I don't want to use any clearance. How do I do copper fill in proteus without pad clearance?
Zonemode.png

My guess is that it has something to do with the thermal relief setting for the footprint. BTW, If you close that up, you may have problems soldering because the large copper area will not get hot enough.

Yeah, but I need to be this close because it's an RF board, I'm strict to my LNA board specification (sizes, spaces, etc)

My guess is that it has something to do with the thermal relief setting for the footprint. BTW, If you close that up, you may have problems soldering because the large copper area will not get hot enough.

Actually it is often the practice with SMD designs to completely flood the pads so you end up with solder mask defined pads, these will solder correctly if the assembly and reflow is done correctly. There are many devices already designed where you have to do this such as the LGA SMPS devices from liner and Texas. Also when doing SMPSs and other high current (high Di/Dt) designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back