Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CooCox for STM32F429

Status
Not open for further replies.

doraemon

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys!

I'm trying to use CooCox for a board I bought: STM32F429 discovery. I'm rather new to STM32 and also
to Coocox. Basically nothing works.
Has anybody successed programming that board using Coocox 2.0.
NB: Coocox 2.0 is rather new, and I gues there will be tutorials one of these days, but if we could put
together a real idiot-proof (1) tutorial, it could probably help many beginners.

(1) : I mean: one that works even with me.

Waiting for your suggestions. What I did is already explained on CooCox forum with the title "getting
started with STM32F429" or something alike.

Thanks for any hint!

Dora.

Hi

Even I am new to STM32 but I use IAR ARM and Keil MDK ARM for programming STM32 MCUs. I will try CoCox and will let you know if I find any example projects. I am using ST Link V2 ISOL programmer and debugger.

Hello!

Thanks for your reply!
There is a tutorial that can be accessed from CooCox' homepage. That's what I was using.
There are source code examples in what ST calls STM32Cube. I didn't look at it very thoroughly yet, but
it seems that they have examples for various peripherals (DMA, ADC, etc). I have compiled one of these
with Atollic, but in my next project there will be a few students, and I can't afford an Atollic license per
student, so CooCox is definitely the best solution. But I have to teach them how to start, and therefore
teach myself.
By the way, I am also using ST Link, the one which is mounted on discovery boards.

Thanks,

Dora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back