Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

converting verilog code to gate level design..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakeebh

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gtech verilog model

Hi all

I have a verilog design described in dataflow model and want to convert it into equivalent gate level description. Is there any tool that can automate the task? And will ModelSim be able to do it?

Thanks

gtech verilog

opssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Synthesizer.

ModelSim is simulator only.
It cannot convert to gate level description.

Use any synthesis tool for conerting

Hi,

Synopsys has a tool design compiler. Following is a method to create gate level equivalent for There GTECH library.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To create a netlist with gates that are technology independent, you should use
a generic library, such as the generic technology (GTECH) library that Design
Compiler uses. Then to avoid DesignWare components in the netlist, compile the
design with the GTECH library as the target library.

The following tool command language (Tcl) script will give you the result you
want: a netlist made out of generic library cells.

#####
set synthetic_library "dw_foundation.sldb"
set target_library " ..../U-2003.06-1/libraries/syn/gtech.db"; # Change here to your installation path
set link_library "* $target_library $synthetic_library"

read_verilog { all verilog files of the design }

compile

change_names -rule verilog

write -out design_name.gtech -hier -format verilog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are using any other synthesizer ....find procedure equivalent to the gievn above.

bye,
Ram

Thanks for the reply ram.

If the way I put it was not patent enough, I actually want a gate level description in verilog. I have a very long design in dataflow and behavioral model and it will be extremely cumbersome to convert it manually. However, I will really appreciate if you (or anyone) can clarify that your method works for my scenario as well..

Thanks in anticipation

OK I am struggling to make it work on Leonardo Spectrum. Unable to find gtech.db thing, I copied gtech.v from Synplicity's installation copied it to leonardo and after a few hit and try attempts reshaped the TCL commands u gave into an acceptable format to Leonardo.

The output verilog code is somewhat encouraging.. assign statements and level sensitive always blocks are aptly replaced by "or" and "and" modules. However, always blocks with edge triggering signals are still being unreduced (it puts some code of its own instead of original always block, however it's still with always blocks with edge triggering).

I will be extremely grateful if someone can give some pointers to libraries or commands that can make my goal... The synthesis tools at my disposal are leonardo spectrum and synplicty pro

thanks in anticipation

I guess FPGA companys can offer the library you need. Try their websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back