Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

converting vcd to saif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamdouh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i convert a vcd file to a saif file or a toggle file ?

ljxpjpjljx said:
saif file? which format?

.saif format i used vcd2saif command but "You need to provide an RTL forward SAIF file" i dont know what is that file and how to generate it ??

you can use lib2saif or rtl2saif to generate the forward saif, but what i do not understand is when you use vcd2saif, i thind the file you need is vcd file, why forwrd saif file ?
FYI: vcd2saif -i vcd_file -o bsaif

attached the turbo_encoder.vcd , out.saif (forward saif file generated by rtl2saif) i used these files to generate saif file , the generated saif file is attached but it has no information i dont know whats wrong i used the command

vcd2saif -i turbo_encoder.vcd -o turbo_encoder.saif -rtl out.saif -format vhdl

yes my vcd2saif needs rtl forward saif file i dont know why if you have a vcd2saif tool that doesnt need rtl forward saif plz share

thx

Mamdouh said:
attached the turbo_encoder.vcd , out.saif (forward saif file generated by rtl2saif) i used these files to generate saif file , the generated saif file is attached but it has no information i dont know whats wrong i used the command

vcd2saif -i turbo_encoder.vcd -o turbo_encoder.saif -rtl out.saif -format vhdl

yes my vcd2saif needs rtl forward saif file i dont know why if you have a vcd2saif tool that doesnt need rtl forward saif plz share

thx
sorry to my misunderstand, you are right vcd2saif needs forward saif.
It seems that you had resolved your problem.

yes i resolved my proplem but i didnt use vcd2saif i natively created saif file from MODELSIM simulator

Hello I've the same problem. I want to generate a saif file from MODELSIM, which kind of MODELSIM are using? Can you suggest me how to create a saif file from MODELSIM? I'm trying to do it for about one week and I haven't solved my problem.
Please, help me

thx

always84 said:
Hello I've the same problem. I want to generate a saif file from MODELSIM, which kind of MODELSIM are using? Can you suggest me how to create a saif file from MODELSIM? I'm trying to do it for about one week and I haven't solved my problem.
Please, help me

thx

before starting the simulation and after loading the file write this line in the command line

power add /* this will report power for all nets in the design

or you can use

pwer add /top/* this will report power for all nets in the top file ( assuming that the top file is named top )

then do your simulations and write this line after finishing simulations

power report -all -bsaif file_name.saif

then exit the model sim and you will find the saif file created in the working directory

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back