Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting to Hex to Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys

My friend has lost his asm file for PIC project but he had the codes inside his PIC chip. I have managed to read the content from device and save as Hex file. Now how can I convert the hex into readable code in terms of ASM? I have attached the hex file.

MM

It is impossible to convert it back to the original source code but it should be possible to make an assembly file from it. The program is very small but without knowing what type of PIC it was, it isn't possible to recover the original instructions. The PIC16, 18, 24 and 32 series all use different hex codes for their instruction set.

If you can tell me the PIC type, I *might* be able to help.

Brian.

Use Microchip's MPLAB and load the file using the "File..Import' command. Select the processor using the "Configure...Select Device" command, and then view the assembly code using the "View...Program Memory" (symbolic tab).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back